(In no particular order)
- finished my first year at BYU
- helped my oldest brother Kyle get engaged in February
- watched him get married on June 19, 2009 to Mekelle Johnson (now Bess : ) )…we love her!
- ran my first half marathon…hard but SO much fun!
- lost 3 toenails…I’m now at a record high of 7 toenails out of 10. I lost 3 due to the half marathon….1 one one foot and 2 on the other!
- Honey found us, I am so happy! She is the sweetest thing!
- Yaya and Grandpa came to visit us in Utah!
- I made lots of goodie plates for Nana and Papa
- Made many trips to hot-Atlanta with Carter Barter
- took Mitchell to movies
- learned how to make a 14 layer chocolate cake by Mrs. Helon Scott!!
- baked MANY chocolate cakes on sunday afternoons with the help of Carter…in an apron!
- messed with my Mitchell.
- cried going back to school
- been helped my and earthly angel (no joke) when I missed my flight home for Thanksgiving
- went skiing lots of times at the Canyons
- moved into Liberty Square with Rebecca!
- made lots and lots of yo-yos.
- made a shower curtain out of those yo-yos.
- played ball with gunnie
- gave kisses to chief and chip
- helped pull off a reception at our house for kyle and mekelle
- laughed at mom’s goofyness with carter…along with imitating her
- celebrated my 19th birthday with Dad’s 50th!
- written missionaries
- cooked and cooked and cooked plenty
- changed my major officially to elementary education!
- missed Buford and all my other animals
- wakeboarded at the lake
- went off the rope swing at the lake…and actually got comfortable doing it!!
- laughed, cried, happy, sad
- went through hard times
- laughed with Papa
- cried watching home videos
- laughed at Dad’s dance moves…keep bringing them (especially the salt shaker)
- dreamed crazy crazy things
- witnessed my best friend Haleigh get married
- had a peeping tom at our apartment…sicko
- loved my family more and more
- suprised Nana and Papa with Carter with dinner at their house! That was so fun!!
- played lots of games with Sugar
- made best friends at BYU
- and many many more memories!!
Here’s to a happy 2010!!!!
I will admit that I am a blog stalker! I’m kind of embarrassed by this fact…but I just love reading blogs! These are some of my favorites…
…and these are just a few. My new favorite is the very first one. Go check out the pictures of their new english bull dog. I am totally in love with it. Oh how I miss my Buford!
I miss you my Buford! I’ll never forget when we got you just a few years ago on Christmas Eve. We were all at the farm, and Mr. Donald came in holding you in his arms. You were just a white ball of hair, with pretty brown eyes. And your back legs were a little too long. But you grew into them. You made us all happy and we miss you so much! There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about you and your wrinkly, drooly, cute self! There’s not one thing I would change about you. Thanks for making me happy!
UNTIL I AM IN SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!!
to be exact its only about 20 hours til i’m home!!!
Things I am looking forward to during Christmas break:
- decorating the Christmas Tree (thanks fam for waiting for me : ))
- making gingerbread houses with mitchell and mom
- spending time with my family
- playing with the dogs
- sleeping with shug
- playing the random game with carter barter before going to sleep
- watching the boys hunt
- spending christmas with kyle again!
- saving a spoonful (or more) of chocolate icing for dad
- celebrating the CHRISTMAS SEASON in ALABAMA!!
To wear tacky sweaters!! Our ward had a ugly sweater/ice skating activity at Seven Peaks a few weekends ago! Me and Rebecca did not have any Christmas sweaters and decided to go to the hoppin’ DI (Deseret Industries…like Goodwill). We found our treasures, that’s for sure. Maybe they aren’t “sweaters” but they are jean shirts with embroidered christmas trees and snowmen on them. Could you get any more tacky??? It was so fun to dress up. We had a great time!
The Lights at Temple Square!!!
The lights were so pretty!
We all wore our cute pea coats and wished our toes were as warm as our upper body!
Roommates next year : )
Me, Rebecca, Michael, and Sarah
I have 4 finals down, 1 to go. Christmas break can NOT come soon enough. I can’t wait to just relax and play with my pups and COOK. Finals have kicked my behind badddd this year. I don’t know what my problem is. I have studied but it just hasn’t seemed to have payed off. But thank goodness, I can now say never again will I go to physical science or stats!!!! That is a big accomplishment!
Tomorrow I will be doing a little bit of this….
with Rebecca!! I am so excited! It will be the first go around of the season for me and her. We are going to take it easy and we won’t have to worry one bit about school! Hallelujah!
But then the next day, I will be here….
with these funny boys!
and this pretty lady!
I CANNOT WAIT!!
Fresh Balsam Candle!
It smells like a Christmas tree farm in our apartment! Rebecca got this candle at Bath and Body Works while we were in SLC at Gateway Mall! The 14.5 ounces are 2 for 20 (you save $19)!!!! Hurry and get one (or two)!
listen to this….
I’m obsessed! Also his Joy to the World is wonderful…and it’s free on itunes! Go download it!
can you tell I’m being very, very sarcastic?? Well today, I have spent approximately 4 hours in the Harold B. Lee Library. To make it all even better, it is not snowing outside…it is what i would call “slushing”. Note to self: always wear a hood in utah…the weather is very unpredictable. But I made it back safe, just wet. But the highlight of my day was this…CHUNKY STRAWBERRY…It is so delicious. I practically lived off them last year. It was so easy to just hand Jamba Juice my dining card. I think I got one every day. They are so good. I still need to try to make one at home. But it has frozen strawberries, bananas, plain yogurt, granola, and PEANUT BUTTER. Yum. An added bonus is the granola and sliced bananas on top. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I ate it again for the second time this semester. You see, Rebecca decided she would go onto Jamba Juice’s website to look at the calories, sugar, fat and such. Not a good idea. These babies are BAD for you. Lots of calories. Therefore my stopping by Jamba juice every day ceased. But I decided today it was worth it and it so was. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was sunshine to this nasty study-filled day.
Also, I got $89 back for my nutrition book that I used last year…this was before I was elementary ed : )
I’m off to the gym!
P.S. pictures to come of my adventure to SLC to go see the lights at Temple Square. They were unbelievable!
These cookies are D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! I still remember when Mrs. Beverly would buy gingersnaps in a brown bag at the grocery store and bring them to the beach and we would sit on the beach and eat them with yes, strawberry cream cheese. It is so delicious! I haven’t had these homemade ginger snaps with strawberry cream cheese, but I can assure you that it would be fantastic!
…Ginger Snap Recipe…
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper (this will help the cookies brown, don’t forget it). With an electric mixer, cream the vegetable shortening and sugar. Add the egg and the molasses. Sift together the flour, soda, and spices together in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture. Mix until well blended. Roll dough out into balls about 1 inch (I used my cookie scooper…one of my favorite tools) and then roll the balls in sugar. Put the balls on the parchment paper lined pans about 1/2 inch a part. Flatten the balls slightly with your hand. Put in the oven for about 10 minutes. Do not overcook. They will be soft when they come out of the oven, but as they cool they harden. Don’t forget about that strawberry cream cheese!!
For the Ginger Claps (as Kyle cleverly named the big ones)..use a bigger cookie scoop or an ice-cream scoop and do the same things to to the cookies as the snaps, but cook for longer (around 14-15 minutes)
Enjoy….Nana and Papa did!